Monday, August 20, 2012

The I can't believe I've neglected my blog for a year....

I can’t believe it’s been a year since I’ve written on this blog. Sure, I have semi-regularly stalked other people’s blogs, but in typical Stephanie style I have neglected my own. And unfortunately, it was my journal. I am determined to not necessarily play catch up, but I do want to keep up! Today was the first day of school for Elisabeth as a 2nd Grader. She has been growing up so fast and the things that she says and does just floor me sometimes. She is a Tomboy at heart but she does love her American Girl dolls and to get dressed up in skirts and dresses. I find it funny that since starting school, she has always worn a dress/skirt on the first day of school. This year for school she wanted her hair all curled up. I’m not the kind of person who has patience for that kind of stuff, but since it was her first day of school and she wanted to make a good impression, I happily obliged. Last night she got in the shower and then after I rolled her hair up in sponge curlers. She looked very cute this morning. Jake had a good chuckle last night with Ellie in her nightgown and her hair all rolled up in curlers like a 60 year old woman. Ah, the things we do for beauty! I have high hopes for the good things to come in school this year. She’s not in the same class as her other friends Brynley and Mia, but I think that will be to Ellie’s benefit. Ellie’s teacher is Mrs. Christensen who is a brand new teacher at Reagan Academy this year, though it is her fifth year teaching. Ellie was very calm and excited to start school again! And as an insight into Ellie, this is a quote from last February: Ellie on Nathan getting to go Salt Lake today: “Nathan, you get to go to the upper case of Utah!....I mean capital....” First Day of Kindergarten:
First Day of First Grade:
First Day of Second Grade:

1 comment:

Nic & Spence said...

This is adorable!!! I cant believe how much Ellie has grown! (her hair looks great Steph!) Happy first day of second grade Elisabeth! Love you sweetheart!