Monday, December 1, 2008

"I Wasn't Supposed to Tell You That"

Quick funny story....

Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, Elisabeth and I were at the counter making pies. Jake had just walked out of the house to take the garbage outside. I was talking and joking with Elisabeth when this came out of her mouth:

Ellie: "Mom, Dad bought you a purple IPod for your birthday!"

I gave her a "look" like huh?

Ellie: getting a fearful looking on her face..."um... I wasn't supposed to tell you that!"



It was too funny! Now, Jake didn't think it was all that funny because he hasn't ever been able to surprise me with a birthday present since we've been married. For example, the first year we were married he gave me this beautiful picture of the Manti temple and hid it underneath the couch so I wouldn't find it. One night before my birthday we invited my nieces and nephews over to watch a movie and play games. They moved the couch to make room and I found the picture! Last year, I REALLY wanted a new bathrobe so I could walk around the hospital without showing the world my all. I found a really great deal and bought one online. Turns out, Jake had also bought me a bathrobe! Oops. He told me about it the day before my birthday. Hopefully Jake will have better luck next year!

1 comment:

Janice said...

It begins.... the time of speaking freely in front of your children is over. They will forever repeat everything you say (with no tact at all!) to everyone who isn't supposed to know! Welcome to my world sis!