Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ellie the Dancing Princess







The other day Elisabeth pulled out my dance costume from when I was her age. She insisted that she put in on and dance around the house like a princess. I had to laugh at her; she really gets "into" pretending these days and was very serious about herself being a dancing princess. I wish that I could find the picture I have of me wearing this when I was her age, but alas its still in boxes somewhere in the scrapbook room. The outfit looks pretty darn good considering its 25 years old now! I have just let her put it in with the rest of the dress up clothes that we have in the toyroom.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Hey, I remember that costume! Do you still have my blue one? We looked so cute in those things- though it's a little scary that your daughter is now wearing it!

Jinsey Jane said...

How fun to see Elisabeth being the dancing princess! That is her task at this age to "pretend". They have all the magical thinking that goes on and life is great to pretend you are this or that. Perhaps she is getting ideas of what some of her talents are as she grows up, besides of course being a bike rider! She sure looks cute.

Dan & Calli Ellinger said...

Elisabeth and Kierra are two peas in a pod. Kierra LOVES to dress up in dresses. I have to say I love Nathan in his BYU helmet! What a cute idea!