Friday, July 18, 2008

Nathan's Six Month Pictures and True Blue BYU









After we put the BYU sticker on Nathan's helmet we thought it would be pretty cool to have professional pictures taken of him in a BYU outfit with a football too! We bought the shirt and football from the bookstore. When Janice came, I thought it would be fun to have Nolan's and Nathan's pictures taken together since Nolan just turned 1 and Nathan was turning 6 months. Then last Saturday while at Sam's club we saw an adults BYU shirt for Jake that was inexpensive so we bought him one. Elisabeth had a darling BYU outfit given to her by Grandma and Grandpa Ellinger at Christmas but since she is growing faster than the weeds in our backyard it shows her belly button when she wears it! I went back to the bookstore and bought another shirt for her (a kids size 4-6!) as well as pom poms and a headband so she could be in the picture too! I had to bribe Jake with a promise to go out to dinner and movie by ourselves in the next couple of weeks, but at least I got a picture of my family! I wish that we could have gotten a better picture of the Y on Nathan's helmet, but after 45 minutes of wrestling with Elisabeth and Nolan, Nathan was done before he ever really got started.

Janice and Tammy asked me the other day if they had asked or said anything about Nathan that had offended me. That made me realize that I hope I didn't hurt any one's feelings. I want everyone to know that our family and close friends aren't the problem... really I was just venting about an experience that shouldn't have happened in the first place if the person who had said it was actually thinking about what she was saying instead blowing things way out of proportion. I guess too that sometimes since I'm dealing with these problems in my own personal way that I get a bit overly sensitive. I think that I'm doing pretty well for having watched my child go through 3 surgeries with the 4th coming up on Monday, having to teach my child to eat through his mouth instead of a tube, working on physical therapy with him, dealing with digestion problems, and trying to treat him as a normal baby while still giving Elisabeth the attention and love that she needs. I think I hit my breaking point last weekend. Anyway, I apoligize.

1 comment:

MarkandMaren said...

Your kids are so cute! (Go Cougars, too.) It's nice to be able to catch up with you through your blog. Ours is private, but if you'd like to you can email me at chef99marenbc@gmail.com and I'll add you to ours. Maren