We made it home this afternoon! Nothing grew out of the blood cultures; but that only says that the infection didn't make it into the bloodstream. That was a huge blessing. Nathan will be taking antibiotics for the next 2 weeks (his white blood cell count started out really high and then dipped way below normal by Thursday). Nathan also has a nasal cannula for oxygen during naps. Hopefully he will only need that for 2-3 weeks.
What a week! We're glad to have him home and appreciate all the help that has been given to us. Nathan isn't going to have his cleft surgery next week. It won't happen until sometime at the end of March or first of April. That's ok though. I don't want him having an oxygen need before the surgery; especially when his throat will swell for several weeks after the cleft repair.
Nolan the Soccer Player - On the advise of Nolan's pediatrician and teacher, we decided to sign Nolan up for Soccer. He really seems to enjoy it, but only on his terms. Practices ar...
5 years ago