Thursday, February 19, 2009

The New Love of My Life is a Spoon

Alright, so Jake is still the love of my life, but following the kids, this comes next.




Nathan is starting to eat small bites of food (bananas and pudding) from this spoon. It is so awesome because you put the food inside of the spoon and can squeeze it to get food in the child's mouth after they've put the spoon in the mouth thinking there was no food on it! Nathan is averaging about 4 bites of food getting into his tummy before he's tired of it. Last week for Mary he even leaned forward to try to get food from the spoon himself. I was almost in tears by it last Friday. He loves it because its like a toy to him and I like it because we're seeing progress with it. Hopefully we can make some more progress before his cleft repair on the 27th of March!

5 comments:

Janice said...

I'm glad you explained what it was... I was a little unsure!

Anonymous said...

Ok I get the carrot thing now, super good idea way to go nathen when does he have his hernia surgery

Kristine said...

Oh, I'm SO SO happy it worked for you as well!!!

Yay...the things we get excited about now. :)

likeschocolate said...

Thanks for you comment on Romans blog. Yes, it is amazing what they can endure. I am glad your little guy is making progress. Mine still isn't a very big eater. We were at the Pediatrician and she said that he might always be smaller than his brothers. I guess that is a good thing if it means less work for the heart.

Tina:0) said...

What a neat spoon! Wish I had had that when we first started working with Vaeh... I'm sure Nathan will be eating no stop soon!