I found this off of my friend, Ashley's blog, who has a beautiful little girl a couple of weeks older than Nathan. These two are heart buddies and were in the NICU at Primary's together. Anyway, I liked the questions and so I'm posting them on my blog to answer.
* Was your first pregnancy planned? Yes
* Were you married at the time? Yes, for 2 years
* What were your reactions? I was so excited, and floored. Jake almost had a nervous breakdown.
* How did you find out you were pregnant? I was feeling really tired and awful. We were living with Janice and Mom for a couple of weeks when we were buying our townhome. Janice said I should take a pregnancy test. So I did. I came out of the bathroom and before I even said anything to Jake he was having a nervous breakdown.
* Who did you tell first? Jake!
* Did you want to find out the sex? Can Jake hold off till Christmas or his birthday to find out what his present is? Of course we had to!
* What was your due date? February 22, 2005.
* Did you have morning sickness? YES!!!
* What did you crave? Brick Oven Pizza
* What is the sex of that baby? A little (wait - 9lbs 11 oz isn't little!) girl
* How many pounds did you gain? I refuse to publish that information on the internet!
* Did you have any complications? No, but the doctors knew how big she was going to be so I elected to have her as a c-section. She would have been over 10lbs at birth had I tried to have her normally and I probably would have ended up with an emergency c-section anyway.
* How many hours were you in labor? ZERO
* Who was in the delivery room? Jake, Dr. Judd, Dr. Gordon, the "happy" doctor aka the anethesiologist, and a couple of nurses.
* When was your baby actually born? February 15, 2005
* How much did she weigh? 9lbs 11 oz
* What did you name her? Elisabeth Louise Ellinger, Elisabeth after my sister who passed away as a toddler- spelled with an S for biblical significance, and Louise after my mom who never had a grandchild named after her. We wanted her to be nicknamed Libby Lou but Jake's sister was already using the name Libby so we settled on Ellie.
* Will I do it again? Maybe. We'll wait to see about having another till Nathan gets older and more self sufficient. We're still having 3-4 doctor visits a month for him and therapists that come every week. Its gonna be a while, but hey, Ellie and Nathan are 3 years apart so we'll see.
I'm tagging the following to write about it on their blogs:
Kristen, Calli, Janice, Tammy, and Mom.
Nolan the Soccer Player - On the advise of Nolan's pediatrician and teacher, we decided to sign Nolan up for Soccer. He really seems to enjoy it, but only on his terms. Practices ar...
6 years ago