Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Never Ending Fight

I've been waiting in my Taxpayer's conference room for a couple of hours to get some information I need to continue the audit. While waiting, I pulled out my never ending stack of medical bills, insurance explanation of benefits, and bills from Praxair. I have spent almost 3 hours on the phone talking to individuals who don't speak great english to tell them that they have billed the insurance companies wrong. This is beyond ridiculous. I am not even half way thru the stack either!

I love Nathan and wouldn't change anything about that little boy. I'd detach myself in an instant from the insurance companies though! And medical billing personnel seem to be lacking something too.

If I had the money I'd hire a personal assistant to deal with all of these problems for me, but then again if we had the money then I wouldn't be as worried about it! Does it ever end???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe when the bill comes from the same hospital billing department instead of calling back and talking to someone else you can just tell the person you are talking to that she needs to get with the rest of the billing department and train them to bill correctly, I know it wont work but it sounds good to put the blame where it belongs :D

Janice said...

I'm sorry that the billing department is so hard to work with. You'd think that in this economy, they'd be able to hire smarter, more qualified people!

Sunshine Marketing said...

Ugh, I wish I could help you with the insurance mess! It is so frustrating! Hang in there!
Tami
Thatchers mom

Tina:0) said...

Ah, those lovely medical billing personnel... can we dump them in a big pile somewhere?! They always have to make things so difficult. Hopefully you get things figured out soon... keep at them & they're gonna realize that they're in the wrong!

Pam said...

Hey guys, here is some good news for you. You won one of the Signing Time DVD's from our giveaway!!

Email me your addy, and I will get it in the mail as soon as possible.

mom2rhett at gmail dot com