Friday, June 27, 2008

My New Window "Seal"

Sunday evening, June 22nd, Jake's parents came over to eat dinner with us and to enjoy some raspberry shortcake. Jake and I wanted to make a roast, but we haven't yet learned the fine art of cooking that for 2 adults. We ate dinner and then went downstairs to enjoy watching TV and visiting. I'm not sure how we got on the conversation, but we started talking about grammar problems that people in the family make. Jake's Dad brought up the fact that Mom calls it a window "seal" instead of a window sill. Jake thought it would be funny to demonstrate to his mother exactly what she was saying. As you can tell from the pictures below, Jake makes an awesome window "seal".

I also caught some a picture of Ellie enjoying her new toy room watching a movie. We all thought it was so funny that at 3 1/2 she's starting to show a few teenage traits, such as saying to us, "OK, WHATEVER" and leaning back in her chair to watch a movie. Jake & I are going to have our hands full with that girl! Another funny thing she did was go upstairs and put herself to bed on our floor with her pillows and a blanket. I didn't want to post a picture of this on the Internet so I am posting the modest version. Ellie had decided that since her underwear was dirty (we still are working on wiping good enough) she couldn't wear it. She didn't have any clean underwear in her drawer so she choose not to put any on at all. Her mentality even went so far as "Since I'm not putting on underwear, I won't put on any clothes at all!" I put a pull up on her and gently slipped her into a nightgown without waking her up. I'm glad that Ellie is starting to think for herself, even if she has a few STRANGE ideas.




My New Window "Seal" Isn't he a cutie!






Ellie going from 3 1/2 to 13.




No comments: