Monday, October 13, 2008

Double Tagged

I was tagged by Hollie.

Tag #1

Here are the rules: You pick the 4th picture in the 4th file on your computer.




This is a picture of Nathan taken 3 days after his open heart surgery at Primary Children's last June. Yesterday was fast and testimony day and I stood up and bore my testimony. I am completely in awe that Nathan came home from that after only 6 days of being hospitalized. Heavenly Father was truly watching over him.

Tag #2




7 Random/Weird Facts About Me:

1. I used to think my mother was nuts for getting up at 5:30 a.m. (or earlier) in the morning to scrub the house. I swore up and down that I would never become her or get up that early. In the past year I can count a dozen times or so that I've pulled the same stunt! (Its just so much easier to clean when the hubby and kids are sleeping and not pestering me!)

2. I have learned to love bottling and canning in the past 3-4 years. Now Jake and I make an awesome spaghetti sauce that we bottle at the end of every summer.

3. I work for the State of Utah in the Tax Commission as a Senior Tax Auditor, have my bachelor's degree in accounting and have finished half of a Master's in Business Administration; yet I haven't actually reconciled mine and Jake's bank account in over a year!

4. I hate blood and medical terminology (I had one bad experience in high school with giving blood where the technician tripped over the iv cord that was in my arm). Now, with having Nathan, I've learned more about the medical field than I ever wanted and have actually considered going back to school to be a nurse.

5. I sucked my thumb until 4th grade. Now I applaud Nathan when he sucks his thumb (its working on not having an oral aversion and practicing sucking).

6. I feel like I know more about football than any of my sisters and sister in laws and would think that going on a date with Jake to see a BYU football game would be as good as going to Abravanel Hall to see the Utah Symphony.

7. At Thanksgiving I only like to eat homemade pies; store bought ones are never as good as what my mom used to make. This year I plan on making pumpkin, banana cream, a cherry and an apple pie by myself.



I'm tagging: Janice, Tammy, Mom, Djinni, Kathleen, Sheena & Ashley

2 comments:

carolyn q said...

He Hee. . .I sucked my two fingers until I was in 3rd grade. I had a wonderful teacher that helped break my habit without embarrasing me infront of the class. . .my parents were at their wits end in trying to get me to stop.
You asked about Cole's Pediatrician. . it's Dr. David Devenport in Springville. My Nathan and Hope saw his partner, Dr. Michalek. I have really liked them both, but after having Cole, it seemed like it was always Dr. Devenport who was available and I have just stuck with him. He is also in the Brimley's ward in West Moutain/Payson.

Kathleen said...

I do plan on responding to your tag but I'm having a hard time coming up with 7 random/weird facts about me. I know this seems strange as I am a random/weird person.