Sunday, October 5, 2008

My Little Ballerina

I love having a little girl! (Janice - you can still decide to try for another girl after this baby!) Since Jake and I chose not to send Ellie to preschool this year, I signed her up for a ballet/jazz class through Spanish Fork Community School. The cost was $35.00 for 10 weeks of instruction. The class is on Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. for about a half an hour which is the perfect attention span time for 3 and 4 year olds. We opted for this since I didn't want to pay $50.00 a month for a ballet class where I wouldn't be sure that Elisabeth would participate in all of the time. There were a couple of little girls in the class who were too scared or shy to participate. My co-worker, Stacee Dye, graciously let me borrow the ballet clothes from her little girl that is a couple of years older than Ellie. Elisabeth really got into her first class and absolutely did not want to go home. She makes a cute little ballerina. I loved that when all of the girls were asked to stand on their toes, Elisabeth got her feet higher than anyone else. I hope that she enjoys the class and continues to be excited to attend.









3 comments:

Janice said...

She looks so much like the pictures of you when you were little it's scary! She is so cute. Tell her that Brennan asks about her and calls her his "sister" because he doesn't have one... and cousins are only boys anyway!

Jinsey Jane said...

Those are such fun adorable pictures of Elisabeth. She looks very intent on learning the dance steps. I like the last one with her pointing her toes out. Thanks for sharing those pictures. It makes me feel like I am part of it.

Sheena said...

I love the picture of Ellie with her arms across her chest and she's looking to the side. What setting did you have your camera on when you took these pictures. They look great. I can't wait until Maryn is old enough to do something like that.